Lexmark announced that it is offering new enhancements to its smart MFP ecosystem that are aimed at reducing costs and improving workflow efficiency for business users. According to the company's press release, the enhancements are designed to help solve "unstructured information challenges" and deliver benefits valued by both IT administrators and business managers.
The new enhancements include solutions that eliminate steps and automate processes for end users who need to convert hard copy documents into digital workflows. AccuRead Automate, an app that eliminates the need for a server by running entirely on a Lexmark smart MFP, helps users to capture, automatically classify, and route information, while Lexmark's Serverless Print Release, another solution that does not require a server, allows users to print securely from any location within their organization. Users send print jobs from their device to a central queue, where it is held until the user selects a smart Lexmark MFP for the print job, the user's identity is authenticated, and the document is released.
The company also announced enhancements to Lexmark Print Management, the first print-management software solution to become AirPrint certified. Lexmark's mobile printing solutions enable printing from iOS, Android, Windows, BlackBerry, and other mobile devices. With Lexmark Print Management, users can send documents directly to their print-release queue using iOS's native print features. Printing via direct mobile connectivity is also now available for Android devices.
In its press release, Lexmark explains that by reducing or eliminating the need for servers, its new solutions and apps help reduce costs and minimize risks. Lexmark goes on to say that the enhancements to its smart MPF ecosystem not only help organizations increase productivity, they are a response to changes taking place in how business users are processing and storing information.
In recent years, printer companies have been focusing on mobile printing, developing solutions and apps, and emphasizing MFPs as digital on-ramps and tools for improving workflow and productivity for their customers. Lexmark's new smart MFP enhancements are a reflection of the major trends that are taking place in the industry and provide an example of how companies are tailoring their products to address changes in business workflow processes.
Source: Actionable Intelligence
Visit priceless-inkjet.com for Lexmark printer supplies.
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► 2015 (46)
- Happy Thanksgiving Day
- Lexmark's New Serverless Capabilities and Mobile S...
- Brother Releases New Range of Portable Retail Prin...
- School Adopts Erasable Toner MFPs
- Samsung Targets Enterprises with New A4 and A3 MFP...
- Forget Me Not Day 2014
- New Inkjet Printers Print Onto Glass
- HP cartridge achieves record-breaking print-out
- ▼ November (8)
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (50)
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (19)
- ► 2008 (13)
About Priceless Ink & Toner Company
- Priceless Ink & Toner Company
- Since 1999 we have been a major supplier of original brand (OEM), compatible replacement and remanufactured Premium Quality inkjet cartridges, laser toner cartridges and other printer supplies. Our customers range in size and include the United States Government, small and large businesses, schools and individuals. Each of our customers is equally important to us and is treated with the same friendly professionalism. Visit us at Price Less Inkjet Cartridge Co.