Monday, November 30, 2015
Dion Weisler, CEO of HP Inc, made the comments during an analyst's call to discuss the company's disappointing 4Q 2015 results, The Imaging Channel reported.
Weisler also said in the call that the pricing pressures that had led to the plummeting prices had been accelerated by on-going effects of currency movements, at a rate that surpassed the OEM's expectations, with the overall printing market weaker than HP Inc had expected.
Digitek said that last month the OEM increased the prices on a number of its "small format ink cartridges, print heads, photo value packs and small format media" by an average of 5.2%.
Full year net revenue for the total Printing and Personal Systems group totalled $52.7 billion, down from the 2014 figure of $57.5 billion. 4Q 2015 hardware units sales were down 17% for the full year, while commercial hardware fell 23% year-on-year, as did supplies revenue, by 10%.
To save on HP remanufactured inkjet cartridges, visit www.priceless-inkjet.com
Source: The Recycler
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Friday, November 20, 2015
The article, from UK internet and telecoms company BT, refers to a recent British television program "The Shopper's Guide to Saving", which looked at the high cost of ink and also investigated the quality of remanufactured cartridges. It adds that "an everage branded printer ink 5ml cartridge" can cost between $12 and $22 "to buy in the shops, but costs less than $0.76 to make".
BT notes in turn that the reason for this "is manufacturers use printer ink to help recoup the cost of the expensive technology in our actual printers, which are generally quite affordable", with cartridges just one purchase that "many of us pay a premium for". Products that are also "slickly marketed and branded" are often bought "when there are much cheaper alternatives available".
The article then adds that "one way to save on the high cost of printer ink" is to "recycle your old cartridges" and "buy refurbished replacements", which it notes are "refilled with ink and cost up to 40% less than buying a brand new replacement". Also, customers are recommended to "alternatively" shop for "non-branded replacement inks, which are also just as good".
Visit Priceless Ink & Toner for high quality refurbished and non-branded replacement printer supplies.
Source: OEM cartridges one of “biggest shopping rip-offs"
Monday, November 09, 2015
An internal memo said managers believe the two have taken at least $7,200 in ink cartridges from the Lynwood store, by stuffing them into large handbags, KOMO news reported. The two women have also been seen at four other stores, including the Airport Way and Aurora Avenue North locations in Seattle, where the remainder of the $10,000-worth of cartridges may have been stolen, police believe.
In 2011, Office Depot employee Dion Alexander was given 16 months in prison for dealing more than $500,000 in toner from the company's Kent warehouse.
The US Department of Commerce estimates at least 10,000 Craigslist postings and over 300,000 eBay listings at any time are for toner and ink cartridges. Local Cartridge World franchisee James Kinsky said: "Brand name cartridges are very expensive, they are more expensive that Chanel No. 5. So if people can steal them, they can sell them on the internet for quite a bit of money. Doing it right in the middle of the day seems pretty brazen. I assume they will catch up to them sooner or later.”
Source: Two US women steal $10,000 of ink cartridges
Thursday, November 05, 2015
The report measures multi-function inkjet printer satisfaction based on six factors (in order of importance): performance; reliability; ease of operation; variety of features; price paid; and customer service. Satisfaction is measured on a 1,000-point scale.
Overall satisfaction among multi-function inkjet printer customers is 850 in 2015, down by 7 points from 2014. Satisfaction declines slightly year over year across all factors, with a notable drop in the customer service (-23 points) and ease of operation (-12) factors.
"While performance and reliability remain most important among multi-function inkjet printer owners, ease of operation and customer service has emerged as problematic this year," said Christina Cooley, director in the diversified services industries practice at J.D. Power. "If customers who have difficulty operating their printers call customer service for help but then have a poor experience resolving their problem, the perception of printer quality is diminished. The printers that perform well, are dependable, and are user-friendly will have the best opportunity to delight customers and maintain loyalty and advocacy for the brand."
· Among customers who rate overall satisfaction 10 (outstanding) on a 10-point scale, 81% say they "definitely will" purchase another multi-function inkjet printer from the brand they currently own in the future, compared with the report average of 50%.
· As satisfaction increases, shoppers are more likely to provide positive recommendations to family members, friends or colleagues. On average, customers who rate overall satisfaction 10 provide 5.6 positive recommendations, compared with an average of 2.5 among those who rate overall satisfaction 8.
· Fully 66% of customers purchase multi-function inkjet printers in a store, followed by 32% who purchase online.
· Price is the primary reason for choosing a multi-function inkjet printer brand (68%), followed by brand reputation (49%) and previous experience with brand (45%).
· The average price paid for a multi-function inkjet printer is $144.
Rankings (Based on a 1,000-point scale):
1 -- Canon -- 858
2 -- HP -- 853
3 -- Brother -- 849
4 -- Epson -- 833
Source: SYS-CON MEDIA
Buy your multi-function inkjet printer cartridges from us!
- ► 2016 (19)
- ▼ November (5)
- ► 2014 (79)
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (50)
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (19)
- ► 2008 (13)
About Priceless Ink & Toner Company
- Priceless Ink & Toner Company
- Since 1999 we have been a major supplier of original brand (OEM), compatible replacement and remanufactured Premium Quality inkjet cartridges, laser toner cartridges and other printer supplies. Our customers range in size and include the United States Government, small and large businesses, schools and individuals. Each of our customers is equally important to us and is treated with the same friendly professionalism. Visit us at Price Less Inkjet Cartridge Co.