Canon ranks highest in customer satisfaction with multi-function inkjet printers, performing particularly well in reliability, performance, price paid and customer service, according to the J.D. Power 2015 Multi-Function Inkjet Printer Satisfaction Report released on Nov 3rd.
The report measures multi-function inkjet printer satisfaction based on six factors (in order of importance): performance; reliability; ease of operation; variety of features; price paid; and customer service. Satisfaction is measured on a 1,000-point scale.
Overall satisfaction among multi-function inkjet printer customers is 850 in 2015, down by 7 points from 2014. Satisfaction declines slightly year over year across all factors, with a notable drop in the customer service (-23 points) and ease of operation (-12) factors.
"While performance and reliability remain most important among multi-function inkjet printer owners, ease of operation and customer service has emerged as problematic this year," said Christina Cooley, director in the diversified services industries practice at J.D. Power. "If customers who have difficulty operating their printers call customer service for help but then have a poor experience resolving their problem, the perception of printer quality is diminished. The printers that perform well, are dependable, and are user-friendly will have the best opportunity to delight customers and maintain loyalty and advocacy for the brand."
· Among customers who rate overall satisfaction 10 (outstanding) on a 10-point scale, 81% say they "definitely will" purchase another multi-function inkjet printer from the brand they currently own in the future, compared with the report average of 50%.
· As satisfaction increases, shoppers are more likely to provide positive recommendations to family members, friends or colleagues. On average, customers who rate overall satisfaction 10 provide 5.6 positive recommendations, compared with an average of 2.5 among those who rate overall satisfaction 8.
· Fully 66% of customers purchase multi-function inkjet printers in a store, followed by 32% who purchase online.
· Price is the primary reason for choosing a multi-function inkjet printer brand (68%), followed by brand reputation (49%) and previous experience with brand (45%).
· The average price paid for a multi-function inkjet printer is $144.
Rankings (Based on a 1,000-point scale):
1 -- Canon -- 858
2 -- HP -- 853
3 -- Brother -- 849
4 -- Epson -- 833
Source: SYS-CON MEDIA
Buy your multi-function inkjet printer cartridges from us!