Lantronix has rolled out the first Apple iOS print server compatible with Apple iPad 2, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch mobile devices, and virtually any device running Apple’s iOS mobile operating system. The new xPrintServer, which is about the size of an iPhone, provides an exceptionally easy solution for printing from Apple devices. Just plug the xPrintServer anywhere into the network via Ethernet cable, and print wirelessly from any iOS device running iOS 4.2 or later, to virtually any printer connected to the wired or wireless network. The xPrintServer, which uses the iOS native print menu, automatically discovers printers on the network – with no need to use apps, print drivers, or other software.
Lantronix says the xPrintServer, which retails for $149.95, currently supports thousands of printers from vendors such as Hewlett-Packard, Brother, Epson, Canon, Dell, Lexmark, and Xerox. As new printer brands and printer models become available, Lantronix will post updates on www.Lantronix.com. For a list of supported printers, see here. The firm says it’s tested the server in-house, and that third-party QualityLogic has also successfully tested the server. See the video demonstrating the xPrintServer at xPrintServer launch video.
The xPrintServer is currently available for pre-ordering at store.Lantronix.com. It’ll begin shipping in 2012’s first quarter.
Lantronix notes that easy printing from Apple mobile devices has become increasingly important, with more market research indicating that there are some 73 million iPad users around the world today, and 50 percent of those users use their iPad for business purposes. More than 900 million iPads are forecasted to be deployed globally by 2015. Notes Lantronix President and CEO Kurt Busch, “Printing in a corporate environment is a necessity, and with more than 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies slated to deploy iPads by the end of 2011, this is an ideal time to expand into this market.”
The firm, which is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and founded in 1989, markets secure communication technologies that enable remote access, management, and control of virtually any electronic device regardless of location, and its products are used in the security, building and industrial automation industries, as well as in medical, IT/data center, government, transportation, pro AV/signage, retail, and power and utility industries.
Original source: xPrintServer Provides Wireless Mobile Printing to Virtually Any Network Printer – No Apps or Print Drivers Required
Visit our redesigned web store for high quality OEM, compatible & remanufactured inkjet cartridges, laser toner cartridges & printer ribbons.
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► 2015 (46)
- ► 2014 (79)
- ► 2013 (81)
- The Replicator - Next-Generation Personal 3D Print...
- Epson Takes Wide Format Photo Printing to the Next...
- Strong Growth Projected for Wide-Format UV-Curable...
- Canon Launches Next-Generation uniFlow
- New Brother Digital Color Units Offer Up to 4x Fas...
- xPrintServer Provides Wireless Mobile Printing to ...
- ▼ January (6)
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (19)
- ► 2008 (13)
About Priceless Ink & Toner Company
- Priceless Ink & Toner Company
- Since 1999 we have been a major supplier of original brand (OEM), compatible replacement and remanufactured Premium Quality inkjet cartridges, laser toner cartridges and other printer supplies. Our customers range in size and include the United States Government, small and large businesses, schools and individuals. Each of our customers is equally important to us and is treated with the same friendly professionalism. Visit us at Price Less Inkjet Cartridge Co.