Canon U.S.A. has released the next generation of its uniFlow print-management software, version 5.1, which adds printing from mobile devices, enhanced scanning, and an improved universal print driver. uniFlow server-based software, which supports Canon and third-party devices, is Canon’s print-management software that enables administrators to track users’ printing (as well as Canon MFPs’ copy, scan, and fax), determine document output costs and generate reports, alert IT to status conditions such as low toner, and even monitor their print fleet’s environmental impact.
uniFlow also provides user authentication (via PIN, card, user name and password, etc.), and rules-based printing, the latter of which enables administrators to automatically route print jobs to the most cost-effective printers or force all e-mail messages to be printed in black-and-white, not color. It can automatically convert documents attached to e-mails for scan scan to e-mail into text-editable format.
uniFlow provides detailed reports so that, for instance, administrators can see which users are printing in color.
Printing from Internet-Enabled Mobile Devices
Version 5.1 enables users to print from Internet-enabled mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets, including Apple iOS devices, without downloading print drivers or software, via several methods: by submitting the job via e-mail, and uploading a job via Web browser. Users can also print using an Internet-enabled driver. uniFlow’s secure print release is also supported for mobile users, so that print jobs are held until the user releases them for printing via PIN or smart card at the device. There’s also a uniFlow native app for iOS iPod, iPhone and iPad devices. The app enables the mobile device to identify the printer, for example by a QR code, select a print job from the user’s personal print queue, make necessary print settings, and release the job for printing.
uniFlow v5.1 also adds enhanced document capture, routing and workflow, providing more scan destinations with direct desktop integration to enable post-scan document processing and manipulation. Also new are advanced features including linking to external databases for validating index information against pre-existing database content.
Improved Universal Print Driver
uniFlow v5.1’s universal printer driver contains an improved image compression technology resulting in smaller file sizes and consequently faster print-job processing. Additionally, Canon’s PCL 6 Generic print driver now supports secure printing, which includes the ability to make to make document finishing changes at an imageRunner Advance MFP, which in the past was only possible with the uniFLOW Universal Driver.
For more information on uniFlow in general, click here.
Visit oure web store for high quality Canon ink cartridges & Canon toner cartridges
Original source: Canon Launches Next-Generation uniFlow, Adds Printing from Mobile Devices, More Scan Destinations
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► 2015 (46)
- ► 2014 (79)
- ► 2013 (81)
- The Replicator - Next-Generation Personal 3D Print...
- Epson Takes Wide Format Photo Printing to the Next...
- Strong Growth Projected for Wide-Format UV-Curable...
- Canon Launches Next-Generation uniFlow
- New Brother Digital Color Units Offer Up to 4x Fas...
- xPrintServer Provides Wireless Mobile Printing to ...
- ▼ January (6)
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (19)
- ► 2008 (13)
About Priceless Ink & Toner Company
- Priceless Ink & Toner Company
- Since 1999 we have been a major supplier of original brand (OEM), compatible replacement and remanufactured Premium Quality inkjet cartridges, laser toner cartridges and other printer supplies. Our customers range in size and include the United States Government, small and large businesses, schools and individuals. Each of our customers is equally important to us and is treated with the same friendly professionalism. Visit us at Price Less Inkjet Cartridge Co.