Consumer Electronics Net reported first on the US release of the Epson Expression Premium XP-610, a "small-in-one" inkjet machine that can wirelessly connect to Google Chromebook laptops for printing, scanning and other functions. The machine, set to be exclusively available at US retailer Best Buy, also offers cloud functionality.
The printer is the "first […] to integrate" with Chromebooks in such a way, with Epson America’s Patrick Chen, Product Manager of Mobile Connectivity, stating: "Working closely with Google, we've made it easier than ever to setup and then print from your Chromebook no matter where you are. Chromebooks are one of the fastest growing segments of the PC industry and expanding wireless printing convenience directly enhances creativity and productivity for home, school and business users."
Manila Standard Today meanwhile reported on the launch of two Epson wide-format sign printers in the Philippines, both of which utilize 1.5 litre high-capacity ink tanks. The SureColor SC-B6070 and SCB7070 feature sizes of 44 inches and 64 inches respectively, and are said by the OEM to be used for "high quality indoor signage printing" using its dye-based inks.
The tanks "can be refilled even while the printers are in operation", Epson notes, and "represent a superior solution to third-party ink tanks that are not made by the original printer manufacturer". The OEM has also noted that "there is no warranty coverage for their installation or else when non-original inks cause damage", with both machines utilizing Epson’s Micro Piezo thin film printhead.
Other features included in the two machines are a print resolution of 1440 x 1400 dpi, as well as print speeds of up to 69.5 square metres per hour. The ink tanks also feature filters "to prevent contamination of the printhead", and the machines also utilize a "low ink level warning system" to prevent misprints. The SC-B6070 and SC-B7070 are available for Php 340,900 ($7,793) and Php 799,900 ($18,270) respectively.
Source: Epson releases Google-linked device and new wide-format machines
- ► 2015 (44)
- ► 2014 (79)
- With the End Comes a New Beginning
- Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy and Safe Holida...
- Wide-format Market grows in Fourth Quarter
- Epson Plans to Enter Ecommercial 3D Printing Marke...
- "Dream Printer" for Children from Konica Minolta
- Printers Were Sent from Hell!
- Epson releases Google-linked device
- Okay, let's see who got it right this time?
- ▼ December (8)
- ► 2012 (50)
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (19)
- ► 2008 (13)
About Priceless Ink & Toner Company
- Priceless Ink & Toner Company
- Since 1999 we have been a major supplier of original brand (OEM), compatible replacement and remanufactured Premium Quality inkjet cartridges, laser toner cartridges and other printer supplies. Our customers range in size and include the United States Government, small and large businesses, schools and individuals. Each of our customers is equally important to us and is treated with the same friendly professionalism. Visit us at Price Less Inkjet Cartridge Co.