Search Priceless Ink & Toner Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

An Apple a Day...

Apple Clock
Keep the Apple away to enjoy an Hour a Day.

I have been anxiously awaiting the new generation Apple iPhone for six months (believe they'll call it version 5). Already found a buyer for my "4". Today I scoured Google for any new information that I have yet to devour. (elapsed time .. 55 minutes). Naturally there was a vast amount of knowledge to absorb. Spent 47 minutes reading articles and opinions. Some are even claiming that iPhone 5 will cure our Country's economic ills:
Higher Impact: QE3 or iPhone5

So, let me digest this. Somehow, if we all go out and buy a new phone (smart or not) all the economic pain will abruptly end.

Great the economic problem solved so let's get back to my "can't live without" new iPhone. I can just feel the sensation of that little gem in the palm of my hand. That slender firm larger body and slick brushed finish. An improved battery that will keep iphone 5 and me engaged for longer and more exciting times. What more can a man ask for?

Did I forget to mention my dream phone will now give me the intimate Facebook experience, I've always longed for while eating my lunch.

Wait ... there is something very wrong with the picture in my head. I asked myself, do I need an extra line of "Apps" on the screen? Do I need that slick body? Do I need a faster processor (iOS6) and longer battery, do I need "Do Not Disturb", since I learned simply to use the mute feature. Do I really need Passbook or do I need to find a "special hour" a day to spend with my wife. I don't have any little ones at home, unfortunately, wish we did.

I though seriously, how much better will my life be with #5. Soon I realized those new features would only make me a greater prisoner of the phone gadget.

I recalled my old Samsung (only phone .. no camera) devise. It called the people I need to talk to and then left me alone.

I had no Apps, no Music, no Email and no Twitter but I had TIME. I read more, I talked to my neighbors more, I walked more, I laughed more and I enjoyed my wife's company more. I was a happier "iPhoneless Person" .... can you image the wonderful events of life that may happen when you have that extra hour a day to spend it in a social way.

More than 5 million new iPhones and accompanying accessories will find their way into happy homes over the next few months. There will be many happy and engaged consumers exploring all the new bells and whistles the iPhone5 offers and with the new "Assistant" feature, you may just need one less friend.

Wow, did I just hear that the improved 5.5 version is in the final stages of development. Can't wait to read about it and just maybe consider my own upgrade. Yes, they have us hooked.

Looking on The Other Side
"Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists and expires."
~Charles Caleb Colton

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Priceless Ink & Toner Company

My photo
Priceless Ink & Toner Company
Since 1999 we have been a major supplier of original brand (OEM), compatible replacement and remanufactured Premium Quality inkjet cartridges, laser toner cartridges and other printer supplies. Our customers range in size and include the United States Government, small and large businesses, schools and individuals. Each of our customers is equally important to us and is treated with the same friendly professionalism. Visit us at Price Less Inkjet Cartridge Co.