Dell, Hewlett-Packard and IBM are the greenest U.S. companies, with IBM claiming the number one spot globally, according to Newsweek’s Green Rankings 2010.
Rounding out the top five U.S. companies on the Green Rankings 2010 list are Johnson & Johnson at number four and Intel at number five. And joining IBM on the top five Global companies on the 2010 list are HP at number two, Johnson & Johnson at number three, Sony at number four and GlaxoSmithKine at number five.
Comparing the companies 2009 positions, both Dell and IBM increased, while HP slightly decreased. In 2009, HP claimed the number one spot; Dell was named number two and IBM number five.
The Newsweek Green Rankings grade America's 500 largest publicly traded companies, as measured by revenue, market capitalization and number of employees, on their environmental performance, policies and reputation as environmentally responsible companies. The complete list can be found at www.newsweek.com/green.
To rank the Greenest Companies in America Newsweek partnered with three independent organizations to assemble a 'green score' for each company. That score is based on three components:
* The Environmental Impact Score, compiled by Trucost, is based on more than 700 metrics, including greenhouse-gas emissions, water use and solid-waste disposal.
* The Green Policies Score is based on data collected by MSCI ESG Research and reflects an analytical assessment of a company's environmental policies and initiatives.
* The Reputation Score is based on a survey of academics, environmental officers and CEOs.
To calculate a company's overall ranking, the three component scores were standardized, combined using a weighted average (45 percent for the Environmental Impact Score, 45 percent for the Green Policies Score, and 10 percent for the Reputation Survey) and mapped to a 100-point scale.
Original source: Dell, HP and IBM Named Greenest Companies
Visit our web store for high quality Dell, HP & IBM inkjet cartridges, laser toner cartridges & many more printing supplies.
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► 2015 (46)
- ► 2014 (79)
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (50)
- ► 2011 (40)
- ▼ November (5)
- ► 2009 (19)
- ► 2008 (13)
About Priceless Ink & Toner Company
- Priceless Ink & Toner Company
- Since 1999 we have been a major supplier of original brand (OEM), compatible replacement and remanufactured Premium Quality inkjet cartridges, laser toner cartridges and other printer supplies. Our customers range in size and include the United States Government, small and large businesses, schools and individuals. Each of our customers is equally important to us and is treated with the same friendly professionalism. Visit us at Price Less Inkjet Cartridge Co.